Below you will find helpful information to help you feel prepared for the start of the school year!
AM Kindergarten Schedule: 8:05 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.
PM Kindergarten Schedule: 11:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- At the beginning of their day, students should line up outside our classroom (K1/K2) on the blue tape. Please enter through the front gate by the flagpole (see map). An adult or older sibling may wait with them on the first 2 days of school. Starting Monday, parents will not be allowed inside the Kindergarten gates. Please remind your children that the playground swings and structure is off limits before school and after school.
- All students will be dismissed 1 at a time from the front Kindergarten gate only when the child sees the person picking them up. If you are driving, we encourage you to remain in your car in the pickup lane. We will send your child to your car. Please be on time for your child. Rainbow Rising students will be picked up by their staff.
- Students are asked to bring a backpack labeled with their name each day. It should be large enough to carry their pencil box, snack, water bottle, and school folder. Please leave all toys at home so they don’t get lost.
- Please send your child to school everyday with a healthy snack and a water bottle. Their snack should be kept in an insulated, labeled snack bag with an ice pack if needed to keep their food cold. Be sure to include any necessary utensils. The children only have 10 minutes to eat and then 10 minutes to play, so make sure you are not packing an entire lunch for them because they will not have time to eat it all. An example of a reasonable snack for kindergarten may look like: a banana, crackers, and a drink. Unfortunately, we cannot heat up any food.
- If you checked out a Chromebook from our school, your Kindergartner does not need to bring it to school everyday. Please keep the Chromebook at home, as we will still be assigning virtual lessons through Canvas for students to complete each day.