Below you will find helpful information to help you feel prepared for the start of the school year!
- We have 4 different class schedules. If your child is on the AM or PM schedule, they will attend school as follows:
AM Kindergarten Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Snack: 9:20 – 9:40 a.m.
PM Kindergarten Schedule: 11:30 a.m. – 2:50 p.m. Snack: 1:10 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
**PM Kindergarten has a special Wednesday Schedule: 10:00 a.m.-1:20 p.m.
If you child is on the Staggered Day schedule, they will attend school as follows:
Early Birds 8:00-11:20 a.m. Snack 9:40-10:00
Late Birds: 10:00 a.m. -1:20 p.m. Snack 11:20-11:40
- You will be notified of your child’s schedule (am or pm) on Monday, August 19 by email. Please know that we do our very best to accommodate AM/PM requests, however we cannot make any guarantees. Please make sure you have a backup plan in the event that you do not get your first choice. You will find out who your child’s teacher is on Wednesday, Aug 21 on the parent portal.
- At the beginning of their day, AM students should line up outside their classroom on the white line painted on the ground. PM Students will line up outside the Kindergarten gate (see map) and wait for their teacher to pick them up and lead them to the classroom. An adult or older sibling must wait with them as there is no supervision. The playground is closed before school and after school.
- All Students will be dismissed from their respective Kindergarten gates only when the child sees the person picking them up. Please be on time for your child.
- Students are asked to bring a backpack labeled with their name each day. It should be large enough to carry their snack and school folder. Please leave all toys at home so they don’t get lost.
- Please send your child to school everyday with a healthy snack and a drink. Their snack should be kept in an insulated, labeled snack bag with an ice pack if needed to keep their food cold. Be sure to include any necessary utensils. The children only have 10 minutes to eat and then 10 minutes to play, so make sure you are not packing an entire lunch for them because they will not have time to eat it all. An example of a reasonable snack for kindergarten may look like: a banana, crackers, and a drink. Unfortunately, we cannot heat up any food.
- Please attend Kindergarten Back to School Night on August 28 at 5:30 p.m. in the P.A.C. to receive important information about the school year. This is for adults only.
- Please visit our Kindergarten website: http://k.beaconpark.school for important events and information!
- We are so excited for this upcoming school year! We look forward to getting to know your child!